FIELD RECORDING BAG
I’ve been looking for a variety of field recording bags, and in the past, I used to curry microphones in arc’teryx miura 45 and pieces of equipment in another bag, but now I can store much in this Peak Design Travel Duffelpack bag.
As you have already seen how Tim Prebble uses this bag, this bag opens from your back so no need to worry about getting dirt on your back anymore!
I tested compatible as a field recording bag, and the result was It could hold gears more than I thought.
But how about its maximum load capacity? I’ve asked them before purchasing, and their quick kind answer was they tested at well over 200+ without signs of failure!
YES! & NICE! They have such great customer support!
It is the best bag for me so far which I’d like to recommend to all colleagues and field recordists out there.
SPEC: CAPACITY 45L min, 65L max EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS Standard: 66cm x 38 cm x 30cm (26" x 15" x 12") Circumference: 110cm (43") Expanded: 66cm x 42 cm x 34cm (26" x 17" x 13") Circumference: 134cm (53") (expansion panels expand bag diameter the most thus creating a large volume increase of 20L) INTERNAL DIMENSIONS Standard: 26in (66cm) x 9.5in (24cm) x 9in (23cm) Expanded: 26in (66cm) x 15in (38cm) x 9in (23cm)
Since Line Audio cm3 is so tiny, it was hard to find a windshield that fits. On top of that, ws10 might be too gorgeous…Plus I wanted to make a small set to fit in my bag along with mkh8040s in ws10.
So this BBG came better than what I expected! The actual dimension of oball’s smaller circle was just as size as rubber bushing which Inside dimension was the same size as cm3 (20mm). PERFECT!^^!
I just made quick comparison of DIY BBG and Rycote baseball
(nnn…baseball is not so good for outdoor use, but…)
Audio is just as raw from inside Rycote baseball.
Wave from BASEBALL
Audio is just as raw from inside Oball.
Wave from Oball
This is great solution for zoom f8 using external battery.
With this Anker PowerCore 10000 mobile battery (10000mAh, full charged) and LANMU’s 5v to 12v usb to dc connector, Zoom f8 could run 8 hours ( 11.7~6v continuously ) with 8 tracks phantom on.
That means with internal battery I can go a day which is good enough for field recording as I just need to power up zoom f8 right before hit rec. If you are location sound guy, you can go for more powerful mobile battery.
Size of this mobile battery is 92 × 60 × 22(mm) and Weight 180g, so much smaller and lighter than carrying extra AA batteries and much nice to walk around with full of gears!
And importantly, usb mobile batteries are affordable and convenient, so I don’t think I need to invest on Np1 or sony’s batteries anymore!^^!
Thanx to Saturday Sound Guy for great introduction.
Recently, I am using this Auria pro app and found really handy.
With standard AAF compatible feature and Video playback addon, I can bring and show tempmix to my clients easily and vice versa bringing back to protools.
In the situation like office meeting, I usually cut where I need to edit, and later dump AAF back to the session and place it just next to original files. This way, I know where editing points are. It is like markers.
And as a recording device, it can go up to 24bit96kHz via audio interface, so with SOUND DEVICE MIX PRE-D, it can be a really small 2ch recorder.
Full Auria Pro Feature List
Recording and Playback:
- Sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
- 24-bit recording
- Unlimited tracks
- Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible audio interfaces
- Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, buses and aux sends
- Auto-punch recording mode
- Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
- AAF import and export allows transferring audio sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and more
MIDI and audio editing:
- Comprehensive MIDI sequencer
- FabFilter One and Twin 2 synths included
- WaveMachine Labs’ Lyra, a multi-format sample player, included
- Real-time audio warping using élastique Pro v3
- Piano roll editor
- Tempo and time signature tracks
- Audio quantizing with warp and slicing modes
- Transient slicing
- Audio transient-to-MIDI conversion
- Real-time MIDI parameter control including quantize, velocity shift, velocity compression, length compression, random, delay, legato and transpose
- MIDI processing functions including Crescendo, Delete Controllers/Notes, Fixed Length, Fixed Velocity, Humanize, Legato, Optimize Controller Data, Pedal to Length, Restrict Polyphony, Reverse, Transpose, Velocity Compress/Limit, Velocity Gain, Velocity Range, and Velocity Rescale
- Groove template quantizing with built-in DNA grooves from Numerical Sound (additional grooves available for purchase)
- MIDI Sync support with MIDI Time Code, MIDI Clock and MMC
- MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
- Touch-based waveform editor with cut, copy, paste, split, join, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, DC offset, reverse, and more
- Timeline ruler options include Minutes:Seconds, Bars:Beats, Samples and SMPTE time
- Ripple-edit mode
- Real-time audio scrubbing
- Built-in metronome
- Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats, fractional beats, markers, locators, transients and SMPTE frames
Mixing, processing and effects:
- 64-bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
- 8 assignable subgroups and 6 aux sends
- Powerful internal bus routing with up to 32 buses and support for multiple destinations
- Direct Outputs
- Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
- Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip by PSPaudioware on every channel includes Gate, Expander, Multi-band EQ and Compressor
- MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPaudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
- Convolution reverb plug-in with bundled IR library included
- ClassicVerb reverb plug-in included
- PSPaudioware Stereo Delay plug-in included
- PSPaudioware Stereo Chorus plug-in included
- Third party effect plugin support available via in-app purchase by companies including FabFilter, FXpansion, Overloud, BIAS and more
- Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
- Track freeze and bounce-in-place for minimizing CPU usage
- True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
- Adjustable pan laws
- External hard drive support
- Project template support
- Project snapshots
- Automatic sample rate conversion
- Audio Units, Inter-app Audio, and Audiobus support
- DropBox, SoundCloud, AudioShare, and Audio Copy/Paste support
- Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project. Adjustable offset times and video export capability
- WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
Available as an optional add-on purchase in the Auria Store, Auria can load a video and play it back in sync with a project, and then export a new version of the video which includes the project audio. The video preview window will stay locked with Auria’s timeline, and the video preview will even “scrub” in-time with the timeline cursor. The video’s main stereo stream can even be imported to its own audio track for further manipulation.
This tiny CRAFTrhythm Drum machine seems fun to work on!
price: us at B&H
According to spec sheet, preamps are good as SD.
link to peoples review.