Envy from The Cargo Cult
Envy is all about envelopes, stealing characteristics of one sound and applying them to another.
It’s kinda like a morph, but it’s really not that. It’s part dynamics tool and part vocoder, but you won’t use it for either of those things. It’s officially a modulation plugin, but that doesn’t even begin to explain what it actually does.
Envy is really a toolkit for generating unique new material, adding textures to real world recordings or mutilating sounds to create crazy sci-fi elements. It can fit a wind recording into a machine gun, add wood to foley feet, it can superimpose a drum pattern on a vacuum cleaner, or pitch dive a vocal 6 octaves just for kicks.
- Great for producing both familiar guitar pedal-style effects and unusual sounds that surprise and provoke.
- Simple controls and intuitive visual interface help you saturate or mutilate tracks quickly and easily
- Choose one of four clipping algorithms—Hard Clip (digital), Soft Clip (analog emulation), Wavefold and Overfold—independently for Indent’s input and output stages.
- Unfiltered Audio’s flagship modulation system provides six freely assignable and fully automatable modulators (sine LFO, sawtooth/triangle LFO, square-wave LFO, input follower, sample-and-hold noise, and macro control knob), with drag-and-drop virtual patching to every control knob.
- Analog-style low pass filter with continuously variable resonance control.
- Mix control provides parallel processing.
- Display shows processed signal at the sample level, guiding your control tweaks.